Earlier this month, I applied for Global Entry for the first time In preparation for my upcoming journey Singapore In October. To my shock, I used to be unable to safe an in-person interview at my residence airport, or wherever else close by, earlier than my journey.
Finishing an interview is the ultimate step within the World Entry software course of. Nevertheless, many vacationers, like myself, have been unable to efficiently schedule one Due to the ongoing backlog of applicants for various credentialed traveler programstogether with TSA pre-check.
Due to this backlog, US Customs and Border Safety advises candidates like me who’ve been conditionally accredited to interview by admissions upon arrival. This service means that you can full your World Entry interview as a part of the immigration course of upon arrival on the airport after worldwide journey, so you do not have to fret about scheduling it at a later date. .
By this selection, I can full my World Entry interview upon my return to Chicago from Singapore, as a result of O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is Of the 64 airports that offer registration on arrival for passengers. I can benefit from skipping lengthy immigration traces, as customers can full customs processing in 45 seconds per CBP.
In case you are contemplating enrolling in World Entry, Be sure to use a credit card that offers a statement credit for the $100 application fee. When you’re entered, confer with this information for an inventory of 75 airports (and counting) the place you should utilize World Entry domestically and internationally.
Join extra TPG information and offers delivered to your inbox each morning Our daily newsletter.
Home airport with world entry
As of August 2022, admission to the US is accessible by Global Entry kiosks at 58 US airports. As you may anticipate, you should utilize World Entry at a number of the nation’s main airports, resembling John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) And Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)However some smaller ones it’s possible you’ll be much less acquainted with, resembling Toledo Specific Airport (TOL) and Southwest Florida Worldwide Airport (RSW).
Under is a whole record of home airports with World Entry, indicated by area and state:
- Massachusetts: Boston Logan Worldwide Airport (BOS).
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island TF Greene Worldwide Airport (PVD).
- Connecticut: Bradley Worldwide Airport (BDL).
- Vermont: Burlington Worldwide Airport (BTV).
- new York: JFK, New York Stewart Worldwide Airport (SWF), Newark Liberty Worldwide Airport (EWR).
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh Worldwide Airport (PIT), Philadelphia Worldwide Airport (PHL).
- Texas: Austin-Bergstrom Worldwide Airport (AUS), Dallas Fort Value Worldwide Airport (DFW), George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), William P. Passion Airport (HOU), San Antonio Worldwide Airport (SAT).
- Georgia: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Worldwide Airport (ATL).
- Tennessee: Nashville Worldwide Airport (BNA).
- Louisiana: Louis Armstrong New Orleans Worldwide Airport (MSY).
- Washington, DC Baltimore/Washington Worldwide Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), Dulles Worldwide Airport (IAD).
- North Carolina: Charlotte Douglas Worldwide Airport (CLT), Raleigh-Durham Worldwide Airport (RDU).
- Florida: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Worldwide Airport (FLL), Miami Worldwide Airport (MIA), Orlando Worldwide Airport (MCO), Melbourne Orlando Worldwide Airport (MLB), Orlando Sanford Worldwide Airport (SFB), Southwest Florida Worldwide Airport (RSW), Tampa Worldwide Airport (TPA).
- Illinois: Halfway Worldwide Airport (MDW), O’Hare Worldwide Airport (ORD).
- Indiana: Indianapolis Worldwide Airport (IND), South Bend Worldwide Airport (SBN).
- Missouri: Kansas Metropolis Worldwide Airport (MCI), St. Louis Lambert Worldwide Airport (STL).
- Ohio: Cleveland Hopkins Worldwide Airport (CLE), Toledo Specific Airport (TOL).
- Kentucky: Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Worldwide Airport (CVG).
- Michigan: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW).
- Minnesota: Minneapolis-St. Paul Worldwide Airport (MSP).
- Wisconsin: Milwaukee Mitchell Worldwide Airport (MKE).
- California: John Wayne Airport (SNA), Los Angeles Worldwide Airport (LAX), Oakland Worldwide Airport (OAK), Ontario Worldwide Airport (ONT), Sacramento Worldwide Airport (SMF), San Diego Worldwide Airport (SAN), San Francisco Worldwide Airport (SFO) ), Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Worldwide Airport (SJC).
- Nevada: Harry Reid Worldwide Airport (LAS).
- Arizona: Phoenix Sky Harbor Worldwide Airport (PHX).
- Oregon: Portland Worldwide Airport (PDX).
- Utah: Salt Lake Metropolis Worldwide Airport (SLC).
- Washington: Seattle-Tacoma Worldwide Airport (SEA).
- Colorado: Denver Worldwide Airport (DEN).
- Alaska: Ted Stevens Anchorage Worldwide Airport (ANC), Fairbanks Worldwide Airport (FAI).
- Hawaii: Daniel Ok. Inoue Worldwide Airport (HNL).
- Puerto Rico: Luis Muñoz Marin Worldwide Airport (SJU).
Worldwide World Entry Location
Along with the places above, World Entry is accessible at 17 worldwide airports that provide preclearance for US vacationers, particularly:
the center east
- United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Worldwide Airport (AUH).
- Bahamas: Grand Bahamas Worldwide Airport (FPO), Linden Pindling Worldwide Airport (NAS).
- Aruba: Queen Beatrix Worldwide Airport (AUA).
- Bermuda: LF Wade Worldwide Airport (BDA).
- Guam: Antonio B. Received Pat Worldwide Airport (GUM).
- Northern Mariana Islands: Saipan Worldwide Airport (SPN).
- Calgary Worldwide Airport (YYC).
- Edmonton Worldwide Airport (YEG).
- Halifax Stanfield Worldwide Airport (YHZ).
- Montreal-Trudeau Worldwide Airport (YUL).
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier Worldwide Airport (YOW).
- Toronto Pearson Worldwide Airport (YYZ).
- Vancouver Worldwide Airport (YVR).
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Worldwide Airport (YWG).
- Dublin Airport (DUB).
- Shannon Airport (SNN).
Enrollment at arrival factors
As beforehand talked about, CBP permits vacationers who’ve been conditionally accredited for world entry to fulfill the interview portion of the applying course of. 64 airports by registration on arrival.
This service is simply obtainable to passengers returning to the US from a global flight. Though appointments usually are not required, it’s possible you’ll wish to verify workplace hours on the airport you propose to enroll at. That can be found online.
Based on CBP, to find the suitable workplace, which have to be positioned close to the common customs line, “observe the indicators directing you to CBP officers who might conduct your world entry interview throughout your inspection of entry.” .”
Along with your passport, keep in mind to carry a doc displaying proof of residency in your explicit state, resembling a driver’s license, utility invoice, hire fee assertion or mortgage assertion.
As soon as you’ve got accomplished your interview, it could take a couple of minutes in your software to be absolutely processed, however it is best to then be capable of bypass the traditional immigration line.
World Entry is an funding in your time, which all of us worth as vacationers, particularly after coming back from a global flight that’s usually accompanied by lengthy journey days and doable flight delays.
Given its reputation amongst customers, World Entry is anticipated to develop to different airports throughout the US and overseas. We’ll replace this story when new World Entry places are added.
To learn extra about World Entry, see:
- 7 ways to get free or discounted TSA PreCheck, Global Entry and Clear
- 13 things you need to know about Global Entry
- How to Apply for Global Entry: Tips for First-timers
- Pack your Global Entry Card — there are 4 times you might need to use it
Featured photograph of the customs line at Brussels Airport by Dursun Aydemir/Anadolu Company/Getty Photographs.